If you were going to a desert island and could only bring 5 makeup items what would you bring? The things that keep me up at night…kidding, but it is a fun little game to play. This desert island has a cute guy (Alex in my case, insert whomever), so you still want to look good! We’ll just assume the island comes with a razor, so don’t worry about that one lol.
If you watched me organizing my bathroom a few weeks ago, you know I have a lot of products, so you can be sure that the 5 on this list are true must-haves.
- it Cosmetics CC+ Cream: I have used this for years and it’s amazing. If I’m stranded on an island I need to have my sunscreen! It evens out your skin with a nice medium coverage, gives a pretty glowy (not oily) finish, feels super light on the skin and has SPF 50.
- Aquaphor – I have a lot of pricey lip balms I love but if I could only bring 5 things, I’d bring my Aquaphor because it has so many uses and always gets the job done. It’s great for chapstick, cuticles, dry skin and I’ sure if I was in a real pinch I could use it as an eye cream or to at least help with my future smile lines.
- Charlotte Tilbury Concealer – This is a recent favorite of mine. I’ve been using it for the past few weeks and I’ve fallen totally in love. It covers my dark circles but is also really hydrating and doesn’t dry out my under eyes. I like shades 2 and 3 depending on my level on tan (assuming I’d be tan and bring 3).
- Lancome Mascara – I had to think long and hard about WHICH mascara I’d bring because I love a few (find all my favorites, here). But, after much consideration, I’d bring Monseuir Big because it lengths and gives volume at the same time. It’s also great for top and bottom lashes.
- Hula Bronzer – Again, I have a lot of bronzers I love but Hula is super versatile. It’s great for using as eyeshadow, bronzer and even contour.
You know what else I would bring? My laptop! So I could share all the best President’s day sales with you all! I’ve complied a list of the best sales going on today below.
Abercrombie and Fitch – 50% off select styles
Anthropologie – Extra 40% off sale items
American Eagle – 25-60% off everything
Back Country – Up to 50% off clothing, accessories, and gear
Baublebar – Up to 80% off
Banana Republic – 40% off almost everything + an extra 10% off everything except 20% off leather, suede, and cashmere.
Express – 40% off everything
Gap – 40% off everything + 10%
Goodnight Macaroon – 50% off pre spring items with code: GMSPRING
H&M – 30% off + free shipping
J.Crew – Extra 50% off sale styles + 40% off everything else with code: YESPLEASE
Joss & Main – The Presidents Day blow out + 20% off with code: STARS
Kendra Scott – Extra 25% off markdowns with code: YAY25
Loft – Extra 70% off sale styles
Lulu & Georgia – 15% off $300 or more with code: GOOD, 20% off $600 or more with code: BETTER, 25% off $900 or more with code: BEST
Madewell – Extra 30% off sale styles use code: BRAVO
Nordstrom – Up to 40% off winter styles
Old Navy – 50% off storewide
Pottery Barn – 20% off site wide + free shipping with code: WEEKEND
Serena & Lily – 20% off all dining with code: ENTERTAINING
Urban Outfitters – 50% off select items
Wayfair – Up to 75% off
What would YOU bring? Dying to hear! Also, let me know if you’d like to hear which skincare I’d bring.