If you’ve been following byobeauty for a while you now, then you know that I am a major beauty junkie. There are plenty of things (like lipsticks) that I cycle through constantly, but there have been some constant favorites and standouts in 2014 that I just had to share! All of these were my most used, go-to products last year (last year? that’s crazy!). So without further, here are my 2014 Beauty favorites…
I didn’t want this post to be overly long (which it still is – opps!), so I tried to keep my blurbs about each short and sweet :). The numbering is just to keep things easy to read, not necessarily my first favorite and second favorites.
1. The Beauty Blender – My all time favorite beauty tool. Not only does it make my foundation and concealer look amazing but it cuts down the time it takes to apply everything. Tip – Don’t forget to use it damp! This is the correct way to use it and makes all the difference.
2. Sigma brushes – These brushes are amazing! Very similar to Mac but at half the price, you just can’t beat it.
1. Hourglass mineral viel primer – This primer has SPF 15, so it’s perfect for daily use. It leaves my skin smooth and ready for foundation. It also does a great job of making my makeup last all day!
2. Smashbox Pore Minimizer primer – This is the best pore-minimizing primer I have ever tried. It gives the skin such a beautiful airbrushed look.
1. Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk – Currently my favorite and most reached for foundation. Beautiful coverage, but it looks very natural and skin like (same with the Makeup Forever).
2. Makeup Forever HD – Love this for special occasions – gorgeous for pictures.
1. Nars Creamy Radiant Concealer – Creamy but not cakey! I love the applicator, it makes it very easy to apply and the color (I use medium, custard – is perfect for my skin tone). Tip: I recommend setting this with powder right after you apply it so it won’t budge.
2. Maybelline age rewind concealer – This has been my favorite drugstore alternative! I love to throw this on when I’m running errands and don’t want to do a full face of makeup or use my pricer concealer.
1. Anastasia Contour Palette – I finally caved and picked this beauty up and I’m SO glad I did. I have been setting my concealer with the banana powder. I love all three contour shades and switch it up depending on what I’m going for.
1. Smashbox Suntanned Matte – I have been teaching for this bronzer constantly. It’s a beautiful color that just warms up my complexion – perfect for the Winter months!
1. Becca Wild Honey Blush – A gorgeous peachy/bronze color perfect for adding a little sun kissed glow to your skin.
1. Bite Beauty Lush Fruit Lipgloss in “Rambutan” – The most perfect nude gloss! I love everything Bite Beauty. They can do no wrong. They are an all lip brand. Everything is cruelty free and food grade! Aka.. it tastes really good :).
2. Mac Lipsticks – There are really too many to pick but I have been a big fan of mac lips for everrr. I’ve been using them to create the perfect ombre nude lip and I just can’t get enough. 2014 was definitely a year of mixing colors and experimenting.
3. Nars Audacious Lipsticks – Nars came out with this new lipstick formula a few months ago and they are ah-mazing. Creamy, pigmented and very long wearing.
4. Maybelline The Mattes – My favorite drugstore formula of the year. They are still fairly new so I didn’t no if I should include them, but they are just too good to leave out. Creamy, pigmented, long lasting and most importantly – not drying. (This is what I’m wearing in the above picture if your curious).
1. Stila Stay All Day Liquid Eyeliner – Liquid liner has been my jam this year and this one is just perfect. Ultra black and easy to apply.
2. Kat Von D Tattoo Liner -I love this when I want a matte finish!
1. Anastasia Beverly Hills – Hands down – all day, everyday my favorite brow products! I love the brow wiz, the powder and the brow gel – just depends on your brow needs. I did a whole post all about brows here, if you want to check it out.
2. Benefit Gimme Brow – This is great for a day on the go when you don’t have much time to get ready. It will add a little somethin’ somethin’ but take virtually no time!
1. Laura Mercier translucent powder – This stuff is amazing! I’m very picky when it comes to powder. Until this year, I didn’t even wear powder. Never been a big fan, but this stuff is great. It sets my makeup with out leaving my face looking flat or dry.
1. Becca Opal – This is a gorgeous gold highlight. Perfect for olive skin tones!
2. Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks – All of these are beautiful! Bobbi brown also came out with an amazing highlighter in her holiday collection. I’m not sure if they are still selling it, but if they are I highly recommend getting your hands on it asap!
I almost just left this category out all together because there are just too many. So, instead of listing colors of I’m just going to list brands or palettes that I have loved on big time in 2014.
1. Lorac Pro (1 and 2) – Probably my favorite palettes of 2014. 1 is warm toned and 2 is cool, so it’s totally personal preference. I am generally a warm toned kinda girl but the Lorac 2 is a great way to experiment with cool tones and step outside your comfort zone. On a daily basis I like to keep the eye shadow very simple and will just use a color or two from these palettes, but they are so nice to have for traveling. You can take your look from day to night very easily.
2. Bobbi Brown – I love the quality and formula of these shadows. If you are looking for something that blends well with beautiful color, check these out!
3. Anastasia Beverly Hills – I loved the palettes she came out with this year! Especially the Amrezy palette. That particular one is no longer sold, but she sells individual colors where you can make your own palette!
Whew, that was a lot! Let me know if you’ve tried any of these beauties or if you plan to! xx