Happy Wednesday! If you follow me on Instagram than you know that Alex and I are heading to the Bahamas tomorrow (eeee!), so I thought what better time to talk about must-have beach day products than today. Am I right?! When I think of beach day beauty, I think of a few things: beachy hair, tan skin and fresh, blowy but very subtle (if any) makeup. The last thing you want to do on a day at the beach (or by the pool) is over-do it. Less is more in the sun! Perfect for a day when I want to look put together but minimal! Here are a few of my “no makeup, makeup” (summer) must-haves…
1. Kate Somerville CC: First things first — product your skin and look good doing it! If there’s one thing to real invest in, it’s skin. My number one product for a day in the sun is a good CC cream/sun screen. This one by Kate Somerville is my absolute favorite! It has SPF 50 and gives my skin such a pretty and fresh look. Formulated with brightening agents arbutus, licorice extract, and natural amino acids it’s protection and skin care in one. Paraben, Sulfate and Phthalates free, it won’t break you out and is well worth the money in my opinion!
2. Make Up For ever Full Coverage Concealer: This concealer is full coverage, ultra long-lasting and waterproof. Need I say more? Tip – a little bit goes a long way! Use a very little bit to brighten your under eyes.
3. Josie Maran Argan Illuminizer: This stuff is basically a Victoria Secret model in a bottle. Tip: tap a tiny amount along the top of your cheekbones to a subtle glow when the sun hits your face.
4. Maybelline Waterproof Mascara: This is a great place so save and not splurge. I skip mostly all eye makeup and stick with lashes only. This mascara is ideal for a day at the beach! It’ll give you beautiful, full lashes that add just the right girly touch to this “no-makeup, makeup look”.
5. Doir Color Reviver Balm: Oh.Em.Gee. I’ve gone through like three of these.. no joke. This lip balm is formulated to work with each persons body chemistry. Aka, it looks different and amazing on everyone! It comes in pink and peach, depending on preference.
6. Living Proof Instant Texture Mist: Spray some texture spray or sea salt spray in your mane for that extra tousled, beachy look.
That’s it for now beauties! I hope you enjoyed these tips and favorites :). Follow along on Instagram to see snapshots from our trip!
(All pics from this post via Pinterest)